Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 7: Get Involved

My sisters and I have been involved with a lot of things in our lives. From music to sports, there hasn't really been a time when we weren't late for a practice somewhere. Looking back on those memories, one of the things that stands out to me the most is the presence of my parents. My dad was the president of everything--the band boosters and the Pleasant View Jr. Pro Athletic Association stick out in my mind the most. No matter what my sisters and I were doing, dad was there. Even now, he goes and cheers on my sisters in their music performances when he can. Since we've all moved out, he's gotten involved with Vanderbilt's baseball team, and he travels to watch them too. He's a great supporter and encourager, and I'm sure if you know him, you know his voice. It carries.

My parents have taught me to be involved with my kids' lives in the future. Even when they tell me not to, I'll still go and bring snacks or just sit quietly in the stands so when they look up searching for a familiar face, they'll see mine and feel a little less nervous.


No comments:

Post a Comment