Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 4: "Because He Lives"

When I was in college, we had to learn and recite some of the creeds of the church in some of my classes. Out of all the things I learned and the authors I read while I was there, the creeds were probably my favorite part. I think it's very important to be able to articulate what we believe...to lay it out in words. It helps us get our heads around it a little bit and really think about what we believe and what it means.

There are a few songs out right now that have creed-like lyrics. One of those is Matt Maher's "Because He Lives". This song plays off of a hymn by the same name, but it puts the words in a creed-like format that I really enjoy. This is another song that talks about the resurrection. It truly makes all the difference. Because He lives, we can live. We can overcome the enemy and our struggles. We don't have to be afraid. All because He lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment