Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 14: A Different Kind of Fuel

Last week, my boyfriend took me to Moe's for lunch on Tuesday. I got a burrito bowl, and it was delicious. I ran Tuesday night and felt awesome. On Thursday, I ate Ramen noodles for lunch. That was also delicious. (I love noodles.) I ran Thursday night and felt awful. I ate food that wasn't super nutritious on Friday, then I ran on Saturday morning and felt awful again. In the past, I've been able to tell when I haven't had enough water by how I felt when I ran, but this is the first time I've been able to tell a difference based on what I ate. How strange that all those people who talk about fueling your body correctly are RIGHT. It makes perfect sense, really. Our bodies function better if they are fueled properly.

For lent this year, I gave up coffee because it had become something other than just coffee to me. You can read about it here. I drink a lot of water on a regular basis and I can detect a definite difference when I haven't had enough or as much as usual. I want to get that way about fresh, clean foods. I want my body to crave vegetables and fruits and lean protein the way it currently craves water (or cookies...let's be real). So I bought some raw veggies last night and other healthier foods, and this week is going to be a bit of an experiment to see if I can feel the difference. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment