Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 21: Begin Again

So. Last week I was sick. I'm not 100% sure of the cause. But I do know I had a reaction to something, and it stayed with me through Sunday. I feel a lot better this week, so whoo-hoo. With that being said... I didn't run last week. I felt awful and could not breathe, and I didn't think it was a good idea. When I set my sisters on course to run the 15K in January, I had them start the schedule at a time that allowed for 2 extra weeks just in case we needed to repeat a week or one of us got sick. So here I am. I got sick. I skipped a week. My plan is to run after work tomorrow, but it's supposed to be raining. If the hourly forecast is correct, there may be a small window of not rain in the afternoon, so hopefully I can capitalize on that. If not, I've run in the rain before. I need to start back as soon as possible though. I know how I work and I know the longer I wait to begin again, the harder it will be to find motivation. Anyone else with me? I can talk myself out of just about anything. It's a blessing and a curse. On one hand, I've found reasons to not be involved with things that I had no business doing (not necessarily bad things, just not the best things). On the other hand, I've also found reasons excuses to not do things I should do. So it's important for me to try to find a healthy balance. Talking myself out of running is good on very rare occasions--when I'm sick or in danger of overtraining and my body just needs to rest. Most of the time, I feel 1 billion percent better after I run than I felt before. So I need to use my persuasive powers for good and talk myself INTO running. Here goes nothing.

***Here's a fun fact that is in not entirely relevant: The title here is the only TSwift song I've ever enjoyed and purposefully listened to. I appreciate her talent. Just don't personally dig it. Please do not be hateful. Personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment