Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 9: Making Time

My life at work is about to get really busy. The last time I was this busy at work, I would bring work home with me and work for hours each evening to try and get things done. That situation ended well, but I'm trying to be much more intentional about my time these days. I work in IT, and it would be very easy to get caught up in the newest gadgets and phones and tablets, but I just can't. Also, I don't want to. I want my life to be about the relationships and connections I build and not about what's in my hand and how fast it downloads stuff. Most of the time when I think I don't have enough time to get everything I want to do done, it's because I'm spending too much time on things that don't matter.

So even though work is getting busy, I still want to make time for the important things: taking care of myself (aka running, sleeping, eating right, etc.) and taking care of my relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment