Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 24: Sleep?

2 things.
1. I am too old to stay up past midnight anymore.
2. It is stinkin' COLD in Georgia.

I got in the bed at 2am this morning. And then sadly out of it again at 7:30. That's not long enough. If I had been watching a movie that has some deep meaning or having a heart-to-heart with a friend, it would be fine for me to be up that late. But I was helping the boy with homework. His week has been insane with 2 tests, a paper, a presentation, plus the normal amount of work he has every week. He also works and coaches a baseball team, so our time together includes homework/studying/editing a lot. Sometimes I think about going back to school, but then I remember homework and I decide I don't want to go back to school.

In other news, I live in the south. It should be sweltering in the summer, perfect in September/October (think 70s during the day, 50s at night...bonfire weather), mildly chilly at night in November to allow for scarves and boots and sweaters and other fall items, and then cold in Dec/Jan. Some snow would be nice too. Then reverse that schedule until it gets stupid hot in May again. So my question is...WHY was it in the 30s when I got up this morning???? Every year I play a little game that I like to call "how many layers can I wear without looking like the Michelin Man?" Today, it's 3. I have on tights under my dress pants. Thank you, Mom, for teaching me how to layer!

I'm not sure if I'll get to run today, but I have 3 more days (after today) to get 2 more runs in, so I think I can manage. Still trying to talk my sister into running with me when she's here this weekend. The fact that the HIGH on Saturday is 61 should be irrelevant, right? I'm not bitter. Promise. (crossed my fingers)

No comments:

Post a Comment