Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 28: Recovery

They say you should take one day off for every mile you run in a race...unless you're continuing your training for something else. Just like most other times it's used, I can't put a face or name to "they". I know some people cannot take that much time off. They get antsy and have pent up energy that they need to get rid of somehow, so they don't take 13 days off after a half or 26 after a full marathon. I think that's okay sometimes. You have to read your body to know what you need. It's not going to be the same for every person. It shouldn't be. Your training isn't exactly the same as someone else's. Even if you train together and do the same exact things, your body is yours and their body is theirs and it's different. Some people (me) have a hard time starting again after 13 days off. Especially if it's winter. I've told you before that I'm VERY good at talking myself out of things.

We need rest and recovery after other events in our lives too--not just races, not just exercise, not just training. Sometimes we need to recover from life. My mom and sister visited over the weekend, and we went full speed ahead the entire time they were here. And it's already Tuesday and I'm still exhausted! That's right. It's not Monday. I forgot to post yesterday on the actual 28th because I was nearly asleep for most of the day. :) Today is better, so you'll hopefully get two posts and I'll hopefully get a run in. We shall see, my friends. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment