Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 8: How Do You Know?

You know the feeling when something just clicks? Like you've heard the same thing 1,000 times but on the 1,001st time, it makes sense? What changed? How do you know what made it click that time but not all the others? I believe most of the time, the difference is God and His timing. All the other times weren't His plan, but then all of a sudden, one time is! It's kind of exciting really. I'm not sure what had me thinking about this, but I've had God's timing on my mind for the whole day. It's a good thing to meditate on and trust in--putting my anxious thoughts and doubts aside and trusting God to handle it. Because He will. He always has before and He will not fail me in the future either. His plan may not always be what I want. It will always be better.  

I ran tonight and it clicked. I don't know what changed, but I felt like I could've kept running forever (Forrest Gump, anyone?). My pace felt right. My stride felt right. The weather was perfect. And I felt like I could actually do it. I can actually keep running. Not constantly, of course, but this is something I can do. I can get over the training plateaus and break down my mental blocks and just run. I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment